This programming language may be used to instruct a computer to perform a task.
If you know TI-83 BASIC, please write code for some of the tasks not implemented in TI-83 BASIC.
TI-83 BASIC is not affiliated with BASIC .
TI-83 BASIC or TI-BASIC 83 is the high-level language used on TI-83/84/83+/84+ Z80 calculators (aside from the assembly which is also on the calculator).
Elements of language
The language contains control flow for structured programming. The main control flow statements are:
TI-BASIC is a strongly and dynamically-typed language Variables are global. There is no local variables. So programs cannot be recursive, even if a program can call itself.
- Numerical variables, 27 variables from A to Z and theta. These allow real numbers or complex numbers (implemented as pairs of reals) to be stored in floating point format. Values may range from 1E-99 to 1E99 with up to ten digits of accuracy.
- Strings, 10 strings from Str1 to Str9 and Str0.
- Lists, including L1 - L6, with the ability to create additional ones. These are essentially one-dimensional arrays used to store a real or complex number into each of their elements. (L1(4) would return the value of L1 at n=4)
- Matrices, 8 matrices from [A] to [J]. Their elements are subject to the same restrictions as lists. Their dimensions may be defined up to 99x99 elements, although, again, available memory will limit this. ([A](3,4) would design item at row=3 column=4)
- Equation variables, 10 y(x) functions: from Y1 to Y9 and Y0, 6 r(theta) polar functions: r1 - r6, and 3 u(n) integer sequences: u, v, w. (Y1(4) would return the value of Y1 at X=4, X is a real)
One popular example is the quadratic formula program.
As far there is a complex mode and variable can be real or complex, this program is very ubiquitous.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "TI-83 BASIC"
The following 111 pages are in this category, out of 111 total.
- Shoelace formula for polygonal area
- Sierpinski triangle
- Sierpinski triangle/Graphical
- Sieve of Eratosthenes
- Sort an integer array
- Sorting algorithms/Bogosort
- Sorting algorithms/Bubble sort
- Sorting algorithms/Comb sort
- Sorting algorithms/Gnome sort
- Sorting algorithms/Heapsort
- Sorting algorithms/Insertion sort
- Sorting algorithms/Selection sort
- Spiral matrix
- Stair-climbing puzzle
- String case
- String concatenation
- Strip control codes and extended characters from a string
- Strip whitespace from a string/Top and tail
- Sum and product of an array
- Sum of a series