|My Favorite Languages|
I am a statistician, currently working in the public health sector, in France.
A few words about the languages I currently use:
- I used Java a lot during my academic studies for CS projects (2003-2008), with versions 1.3 to 5. After a long break, I have started using it again by the end of 2018, first with Java 8, now Java 11.
- I started with Python around 2002 on a Mac laptop with OS9, and it has been my favorite language since then, for all kinds of task, from discrete and numerical math to utilities. It's also very useful for data cleaning and basic statistics.
- I initially learned R in University around 2003, but really got to work with it since 2015. Really good for modelling and graphics, and dynamic dashboards with Shiny.
On Rosetta Code, I am using this account since 2017-08-07. I have previously used the following accounts, among others:
- Arbautjc: 2013-02-07 to 2017-06-04
- Capra Hircus: 2012-08-16 to 2012-09-14
- Nochnix: 2012-01-18 to 2012-08-11
- Toucan: 2010-02-27 to 2011-11-22
Unless specified otherwise, I hereby release all my contributions to Rosetta Code under the GNU Free Documentation License, version 1.2, and the MIT License, whichever is more fit to the user's intent.