Talk:Create DWM statusbar
From Rosetta Code
Vote for deletion
Poor task as it stands. In general Rosettacode tasks should aim for inclusivity. This task assumes:
- A unix-like operating system
- running the X11 graphical environment
- on a battery powered system
- that has sound capability (all right this isn't that out there)
- running some obscure and little used window manager
- Seconded. The task might be salvageable if it were to collect such information on any platform (with submissions stating which, and the task appropriately renamed) but direct dependencies of DWM/statusbar/.xinirc and even the formula for mem% are not a good fit for rc. --Pete Lomax (talk) 13:02, 11 June 2020 (UTC)
- Unix-like operating systems are rather common/frequently...
- X11 is a quite frequently software (Okay, I also do not like it but for the time being it almost unavoidable on a desktop...)
- There are battery in a laptop, generally, isn't it?
- DWM is one of the "tiled" window managers which are not a marginally group at all, many people like them!
- Consequently I think the assumptions of this task are not at all so exceptional.
- As I myself are concerned, I vote for NOT delete.