This programming language may be used to instruct a computer to perform a task.
|Execution method:||Compiled (bytecode)|
If you know LiveCode, please write code for some of the tasks not implemented in LiveCode.
LiveCode (formerly known as Revolution) is a byte-code compiled language created by Runtime Revolution
It is inspired by HyperCard/HyperTalk, but goes far beyond that heritage by:
- Creating applications that run on:
- OS X
- Mac Classic
- Web Servers (with LiveCode sever)
- Web Browser HTML5 Engine (as of version 8)
- Having a full interface toolkit with native widgets on all platforms
- Incorporating modern language features like regex, associative arrays, support for internet protocols, etc.
- Supporting color natively (HyperCard die-hards are now breathing a sigh of relief)
- As of version 8 LiveCode includes an additional, strictly typed language variant called LiveCodeBuilder (LCB) which allows access to foreign code libraries (currently supports C libraries only, support for others to be added)
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "LiveCode"
The following 126 pages are in this category, out of 126 total.
- Last Friday of each month
- Leap year
- Levenshtein distance
- Logical operations
- Look-and-say sequence
- Loop over multiple arrays simultaneously
- Loops/Downward for
- Loops/For with a specified step
- Loops/N plus one half
- Luhn test of credit card numbers
- Self-describing numbers
- Send email
- Short-circuit evaluation
- Show the epoch
- Sieve of Eratosthenes
- Sort an integer array
- Sparkline in unicode
- Special variables
- State name puzzle
- String append
- String case
- String concatenation
- String interpolation (included)
- String prepend
- Strip a set of characters from a string
- Substring/Top and tail
- Sum and product of an array
- Sum digits of an integer
- Sum multiples of 3 and 5
- Sum of a series
- Sum of squares
- System time