This programming language may be used to instruct a computer to perform a task.
If you know XTalk, please write code for some of the tasks not implemented in XTalk.
xTalk (pronounced "cross-talk") is the language family started by HyperTalk, the scripting language of Apple Computer's HyperCard application for Mac OS Classic operating systems. Aimed at novice programmers, xTalk languages are noted for an English-like syntax. Its modern descendants include AppleScript (more SK8Script/LISP based), LiveCode/OpenXTalk, and SenseTalk.
- A page about the original xTalk development environment, HyperCard
- LiveCode - Crossplatform commercial modern 'HypeCard'-like IDE, originally called MetaCard and later Revolution
- OpenXtalk - free open-source xTalk based on LiveCode community version which is no longer supported by LiveCode Ltd.
- other open-source xTalk interpreters
- SuperCard / SuperTalk - The very first macOS based clone of HyperCard / HyperTalk, up to macOS 10.14 compatible
- SenseTalk - People Oriented Programming
- Oracle Media Objects / MediaTalk
- Plus early Windows OS/2 clone of HyperCard, basis for Oracle Card
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.