User:Kevin Reid/Common Lisp tasks
This is Kevin Reid's personal classification of tasks not implemented in Common Lisp, or just poorly done in CL, by what kind of problem they are. The presence of items on this list is managed by Task list updater.e (but is not automatically run); the classification is done manually.
- 1 Basic language features
- 2 Algorithmic problems
- 3 Miscellaneous programs
- 4 Mathematics
- 5 Concurrency/events
- 6 Type system
- 7 Object-oriented
- 8 Text-bashing
- 9 File access
- 10 FFI/low-level
- 11 OS interfaces
- 12 GUI
- 13 Control flow
- 14 Graphics
- 15 Use a library
- 16 Miscellaneous other
- 17 Rosetta Code reflection
- 18 To improve
- 19 Completed
- 20 To classify
Basic language features
- Gamma function
- Multiple Regression
- Polynomial Fitting
- Quadratic Equation
- Safe addition
- Sequence of Non-squares
- Verify Distribution Uniformity with Chi-Squared Test
- Arena storage pool
- Basic pointer and reference operations
- Call a function from a foreign language
- Data Representation - Controlling Fields in a Structure
- Data Representation - Specifying Minimum Size
- Host Introspection
- Machine Address
- Creating a Secure Temporary File
- Determine if Only One Instance is Running
- Program Termination
The image-type tasks
- Bitmap/Bézier curves/Cubic
- Bitmap/Bézier curves/Quadratic
- Bitmap/Flood fill
- Bitmap/PPM conversion through a pipe
- Bitmap/Read a PPM file
- Bitmap/Read an image through a pipe
- Grayscale image
- Image convolution
- Median filter
- Xiaolin Wu's line algorithm
Use a library
Rosetta Code reflection
- Add a variable to a class instance at runtime — improve: This should be a per-*instance* change. Use the MOP to generate a subclass and change-class to it.
- Amb — improve: Show the continuation version as well (use arnesi?).
- Arithmetic Evaluator — improve: I think there could be some simplification by changing to a prefix AST and using the CL operator names (use symbol-function, not eval).
- Basic Animation and Pendulum Animation — improve: Investigate using CLIM.
- Basic bitmap storage — improve: review for efficiency (inlining?), necessity of type declarations, idiom
- Closest pair problem — improve: Try using complex numbers instead of conses.
- Collections — improve: Add some discussion of the characteristics, and include vectors.
- Object Serialization — improve: Show other techniques, particularly print/read.
- Pattern Matching — improve: See if there's a pattern matching library that offers more-lispy syntax.
- Simple Windowed Application — improve: Should be reviewed for niceness by a CLIM expert.
- Address Operations
- First-class Numbers — While implemented, it does not parallel the function example as intended.
- Roots of a function
- Trial factoring of a Mersenne number
Insert new tasks here.