Talk:Selective file copy
Hi. You need to describe that part of "file processing as known from PL/I or COBOL" that is required for the task without reference to the examples. Assume readers don't know what you mean and have to be told in the task description. --Paddy3118 (talk) 00:09, 28 April 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks. You never know what others don't. Description expanded. --Walterpachl (talk) 06:27, 28 April 2015 (UTC)
- In a mail I got I see this:
Contact the editor:
Trying to use the email link gives me
User e-mail disabled
Jump to: navigation, search
You cannot send e-mail to other users on this wiki
--Walterpachl (talk) 10:45, 28 April 2015 (UTC)
That 'expanded description' is still no valid specification of the task.
It needs to be more detailed then "The structure is usually described by declarations" in some file by language X.
I guess it could read somewhat like
- Field 1 is a string of length 5.
- Field 2 is a string of length 4.
- Field 3 is a number of length 4, represented as text.
- Field 4 is a string of length 1, containing "+" or "-".
- Field 5 is a string of variable length.
The task is to copy fields 1 and 2 from each record.