Talk:Fixed length records
reason for draft status
- All tasks start out as draft tasks, no matter whether it be the first attempt at creating/posting tasks or not.
- Drafts tasks are kept a draft task for several reasons, some of which are:
- at least 3 or 4 computer language entries should be entered so other people can see what is expected.
- people can question and ask for clarification if any of the task's requirements need explaining.
- sometimes the wording of the task may need polishing (for clarity, succinctness, definitions, ...)
- allow some time (days) for people to comment/observe the task's requirements and/or program solutions.
Essentially a duplicate of Selective_File_Copy?
It seems to me that there isn't much substantial difference between this task and Selective_File_Copy, other than the length of the fixed size record. Seems like both want the user to read fixed sized records, manipulate the data in some simple way, than write out fixed sized records. Both tasks are pretty vague about what they are supposed to be demonstrating / accomplishing.
I also find it interesting that this has been pushed through to task status after less than 1 day while Selective_File_Copy is still a draft after more than 3 years and 16 implementations. --Thundergnat (talk) 11:50, 15 October 2018 (UTC)