This programming language may be used to instruct a computer to perform a task.
|Execution method:||Compiled (machine code)|
|Parameter passing methods:||By value|
If you know Standard ML, please write code for some of the tasks not implemented in Standard ML.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Standard ML. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Rosetta Code, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU FDL. (See links for details on variance)|
Standard ML (SML) is a general-purpose, modular, functional programming language with compile-time type checking and type inference. It is popular among compiler writers and programming language researchers, as well as in the development of theorem provers.
SML is a modern descendant of the ML programming language used in the LCF theorem-proving project. It is unique among widely used languages in that it has a formal specification, given as typing rules and operational semantics in The Definition of Standard ML (1990, revised and simplified as The Definition of Standard ML (Revised) in 1997).
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Standard ML"
The following 194 pages are in this category, out of 194 total.
- Calculating the value of e
- Cartesian product of two or more lists
- Case-sensitivity of identifiers
- Catalan numbers
- Character codes
- Check that file exists
- Combinations with repetitions
- Comma quibbling
- Command-line arguments
- Compound data type
- Copy a string
- Count in octal
- Count occurrences of a substring
- Create a file
- Create a two-dimensional array at runtime
- Create an HTML table
- Search a list
- Search a list of records
- Secure temporary file
- Sequence of non-squares
- Short-circuit evaluation
- Show the epoch
- Sort an integer array
- Sort disjoint sublist
- Sort using a custom comparator
- Sorting algorithms/Bead sort
- Sorting algorithms/Bubble sort
- Sorting algorithms/Heapsort
- Sorting algorithms/Insertion sort
- Sorting algorithms/Merge sort
- Sorting algorithms/Patience sort
- Sorting algorithms/Quicksort
- Sorting algorithms/Selection sort
- Split a character string based on change of character
- Stair-climbing puzzle
- String case
- String concatenation
- String length
- String matching
- Strip a set of characters from a string
- Substring/Top and tail
- Sum and product of an array
- Sum of a series
- Sum of squares
- System time