Category talk:Liberty BASIC
Playing around with the (Rosetta Code's) MD5 routine for Liberty Basic I discovered a (small) bug in this code. For every text with a lentgh of N*64+56 till N*64+62 bytes this MD5 routine calculates a wrong hash. I can provide you a (small) test programm to (re)producre this error and my test results.
Please be so kind to respond on this (e)mail. If this message is ment for you please be so kind to forward this the right person. Thanks in advance ...
hulsmanx AT xs4all DOT nl
- I have taken the liberty of correcting your e-mail address. I have contacted you for the test code, so we can get this sorted out ASAP. Thanks for reporting this! - Thedarkfreak 18:41, 6 April 2011 (UTC)
- (Not that I expect the OP to come back here, but...)
- In the future, if you find an error, the best thing to do would be to simply fix it. (RC is world-editable for a reason.)
- If you don't know how to fix it, tag it with an appropriate template. In this case, I think that Template:Incorrect (or perhaps Template:Improve) would do it.
- Also, if you want people to reply to you personally, why don't you go ahead and set up a user account here? It only takes a minute, and has several advantages. (Putting an un-munged email address anywhere on the internet is just begging for trouble.) -- Erik Siers 18:44, 6 April 2011 (UTC)