This programming language may be used to instruct a computer to perform a task.
|Execution method:||Compiled (machine code)|
|Parameter passing methods:||By reference, By value|
|Type expression:||Implicit, Explicit|
|Type checking:||Dynamic, Static|
If you know BaCon, please write code for some of the tasks not implemented in BaCon.
BaCon, the BASIC Converter, by Peter van Eerten.
BaCon is a free BASIC to C translator for Unix-based systems, which runs on most Unix/Linux/BSD platforms, including MacOSX. It intends to be a programming aid in creating tools which can be compiled on different platforms (including 64bit environments), while trying to revive the days of the good old BASIC.
BaCon can be described as a translator, a converter, a source-to-source compiler, a transcompiler or a transpiler. It also can be described as a very elaborate preprocessor to C. BaCon is implemented in generic shell script and in itself. Therefore, to start using Bacon, the target system must have either Korn Shell, or ZShell, or Bourne Again Shell (BASH) available. Furthermore, BaCon also works with a newer Kornshell implementation like the MirBSD Korn Shell.
The shell script implementation can convert and compile the BaCon version of BaCon. This will deliver the binary version of BaCon which has an extremely high conversion performance. On newer systems, the average conversion rate usually lies above 10.000 lines per second.
Code converted by BaCon can be compiled by GCC, the Compaq C Compiler, TCC, the clang/LLVM compiler (and possibly by other C compilers), but also by C++ compilers like g++ or clang++.
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "BaCon"
The following 187 pages are in this category, out of 187 total.
- Caesar cipher
- Calendar - for "REAL" programmers
- Call a function in a shared library
- Character codes
- Chat server
- Check input device is a terminal
- Check that file exists
- Color of a screen pixel
- Command-line arguments
- Concurrent computing
- Convert seconds to compound duration
- Copy a string
- Count occurrences of a substring
- Create a file
- CSV data manipulation
- Sattolo cycle
- Self-hosting compiler
- Shell one-liner
- Short-circuit evaluation
- Show ASCII table
- Simple windowed application
- Sort an integer array
- Sort numbers lexicographically
- Sorting algorithms/Bubble sort
- Spinning rod animation/Text
- Split a character string based on change of character
- String append
- String concatenation
- String length
- String prepend
- Strip a set of characters from a string
- Strip whitespace from a string/Top and tail
- Sum and product of an array
- Sum of squares
- System time
- Teacup rim text
- Terminal control/Clear the screen
- Terminal control/Coloured text
- Terminal control/Cursor movement
- Terminal control/Cursor positioning
- Terminal control/Dimensions
- Terminal control/Display an extended character
- Terminal control/Hiding the cursor
- Terminal control/Inverse video
- Terminal control/Unicode output
- Time a function
- Tokenize a string
- Trigonometric functions